Plastic Platform C30: Black Strobe
Our Plastic Platform series is nearly one year old, and to see out our final mix of the year is the Parisian troupe known as Black Strobe, who have created a party-tastic hour of tunes.
This is off the back of a recent solo release by Arnaud Rebotini (of Black Strobe) for Zone Records Pagan Dance Move EP - a stark analogue techno entity. February sees further Black Strobe material when 12" 'The Girl from the Bayou' drops on the 18th (download here) alongside a digital remix EP a week later.
"In this mix I've done something in the Zone Records spirit. It's a mix containing some of our EBM or New Wave influences, some Detroit tracks, our famous Electroclash sound and some more modern stuff. You could describe it as representative of the 'Dark Is Beautiful' French scene."
- Shadow Child & Hoax feat. TK Wonder: Bordertown / Appolo
- Elecktroids: Future Tone / Warp
- My Panda Shall Fly & Will Warp: Bruitish Princess /XVI music
- Jimmy edgar: Sex Drive (Jon Convex Remix) / Hot Flush
- Arnaud Rebotini: Thier Synthetic majesties resquest/ Zone
- Miss Kittin and The hacker: Walk on By / Gigolo
- Fad:Gadget: Love parasite / Mute
- Dj Naughty: Biong Bum Tschag / Gigolo
- Ectomorph:sliver/ Interdimentional
- Psyance:Motion/ +8
- Diva: Paris Stabbing/ New Kanada recordings
- Depeche mode: No Disco/ Mute
Don't Miss Out
Stay Connected with The 405
- Follow @the405
When Keep Shelly In Athens aren't creating super rad mixes like the one they put together for us recently, they're covering classics such as 'Just Like Honey' by Jesus And Mary Chain. [read more]
Welcome to the third edition of 'Plastic Platform', our new mix series for 2012. So far we've had mixes from STRFKR, and Keep Shelly In Athens, both of which were amazing. This week's edition is brought to us by J£ZUS MILLION - a young man from the States who we're pretty obsessed with here at The 405. Once you've given his mix a listen, head over to his Soundcloud page and listen to all his jams. You won't be disappointed. [read more]
Following Casiokids' Bergen inspired mix from last week was always going to be difficult, but the rather awesome Cristina Checa from Granit has stepped up to the challenge with this 45 minute chunk of brilliance. Granit might not be a familiar name to you right now, but if they continue to release brilliant EP's such as their recent self-titled one, then that's sure to change soon. [read more]