Plastic Platform C46: King Garbage
Zach Cooper is the talented chap behind King Garbage - and also Kuxxan SUUM but we'll get onto that in a bit.
Recently he released the third 12" of a series titled BANGERS & ASH - from the highly inventive NYC-based label Styles Upon Styles, with BANGERS & ASH exploring the dichotomous workings and sounds by esoteric, forward-thinking electronic types. The extra twist is that Cooper released material as both King Garbage and Kuxxan SUUM in the same release, showcasing two wildly different soundscapes; the only link between the work is that they're from the same mind - it's that diverse.
For our 46th Plastic Platform mix the King Garbage side of Brooklyn-based Cooper has produced a superb mix for us, that traverses through various genres of bass, soul and even jazz flirtations. Download it below, it's a magnificent journey to wrap your ears around.
BASH003 is out now on 12" Vinyl/Digital on Styles Upon Styles
- Lazaro Ros - Oggun (KG EDIT)
- Thin Line Between Love & Hate - The Persuaders (KG EDIT)
- King Garbage - Untitled (Vic's Version)
- Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters - There Goes My Baby (KG EDIT)
- T++ vs. Jadakiss - WHITE MYTH MASHUP
- Lotic - Sankofa (kuxxan SUUM Remix) [Unofficial Sci-Fi & Fantasy]
- Blind Prophet & Hirshi - Sunset (kuxxan SUUM Remix) [Forthcoming South Fork Sound]
- Michael Lowenstern - Lenny (Stevie Ray Vaughn Cover) [Earspasm]
- King Garbage - Lost Without A Sound (August Version)
- King Garbage - History of Bad Men (The Melvins Cover)
- John Cage - Totem Ancestor (Boris Berman Version) [Naxos]
- Sam Cooke & The Soul Stirrers - Let Me Go Home (KG EDIT)
- Bjork - Submarine [One Little Indian]
- Caetano Veloso - Gua [Universal]
- Mr. Shopping - Jimbo Sparticus (Live 'John Wilson' Version)
- King Garbage - Merry-Go-Round (Vic's Version)
Don't Miss Out
Stay Connected with The 405
- Follow @the405