405 Recommended Album Competition: Wild Nothing - 'Nocturne'
"He has shown us exactly how to follow up an impressive debut and keep improving. Expect this to be in many of the best album lists this year."[Read Full Review]
The '405 Recommended Album Competition' is a weekly look back at albums that we've recommended in our review section, and an opportunity for you nab yourself a copy.
For the first edition we decided to go with Nocturne by Wild Nothing, which was universally loved at 405 HQ.
For your chance to win, all have to do is like us on Facebook and share the hell out of this article via the facebook button above (remember to tag us).
We'll pick a winner at random on October 11th.
- Tour Dates
- Monday 29 October – Dublin – Vicar Street (supporting The Walkmen)
- Tuesday 30 October – Manchester – Ritz (supporting The Walkmen)
- Thursday 1 November – London – Forum (supporting The Walkmen)
- Wednesday 28 November – London – The Lexington
- Thursday 29 November – Leeds - Brudenell Social Club
- Friday 30 November – Glasgow – Stereo
- Saturday 1 December – Dublin – The Workman's Club
Wild Nothing (aka Jack Tatum) as announced he's signed with Bella Union, who will release his new album this August. [read more]
Prior to embarking on this recent solo-project Tatum sang and played guitar with the Abe Vigoda-ish tropical punk band Facepaint and the singer/songwriter project Jack and The Whale. In the summer of 2009 The Virginia tech-college student decided to embark on his first creative-solo project playing bass, guitar, synthesizer and drums while recording in his home-studio. He soon emerged with a unique brand of dreamy pop-songs influenced by bands like, My Bloody Valentine, Shop Assis... (continued) [read more]
We've hooked up with Green Man Festival for our 2011 Advent Calendar. Expect a new session every day from one of the artists that performed at Green Man Festival this year. [read more]