Listen: Les Savy Fav - Nightmare Before Christmas Mix
Following the amazing mix Caribou put together in celebration of the forthcoming Nightmare Before Christmas festival (December 9th-11th 2011 at Butlins Holiday Centre, Minehead) - Les Savy Fav have put together a pretty great mix themselves, featuring the likes of Marnie Stern, The Dodos and Future Islands.
Have a listen above, and check out the full tracklisting below.
- * Les Savy Fav - The Sweat Descends
- * Archers Of Loaf - Lowest Part Is Free!
- * Future Islands - Balance
- * Hot Snakes - Light Up The Stars
- * Marnie Stern - The Crippled Jazzer
- * No Age - Fever Dreaming
- * Wild Flag - Future Crimes
- * Surfer Blood - Floating Vibes
- * Violent Soho - Love Is A Heavy Word
- * Total Control - One More Tonight
- * Oxes - Jellyfish Minus Piechart Plus
- * The Dodos - Fools
- * The Budos Band - T.I.B.W.F.
- * Simian Mobile Disco - 1000 Year Egg
- * Holy Fuck - Frenchy's
In celebration of the forthcoming Nightmare Before Christmas festival (December 9th-11th 2011 at Butlins Holiday Centre, Minehead) - which is curated by Les Savy Fav on Friday, Battles on Saturday and Caribou on Sunday - Dan Snaith (Caribou) has put together a killer mix for you all to enjoy. [read more]
Today's Mix/Cover/Live is part of the ATP Takeover Week (details here) and features some of The 405's favourite ATP artists. MP3: Caribou - Kaili (Fuck Buttons Remix) http://www.fuckbuttons.co.uk/ MP3: Deerhoof - Hitch Hike (LiLiPUT cover) http://www.myspace.com/deerhoof MP3: Built to Spill - Gone (Live) http://www.myspace.com/builttospill MP3: Deerhoof - The Merry Barracks http://www.myspace.com/deerhoof [read more]
Caribou, a.k.a. Dan Snaith, has cemented himself as one of the most innovative and respected musicians of our generation, and his close work with All Tomorrow's Parties demonstrates the reputation he has managed to build up over the past ten years. Beginning life as Manitoba, Snaith was forced to change the band's name to Caribou after Richard "Handsome Dick" Manitoba (stage name of Richard Blum) threatened a lawsuit, which lead Snaith to compare the situation to "The Smiths s... (continued) [read more]