Members of Deftones and Isis start new band
Today, among news that there's plans for a new Deftones album that's scheduled to be released later this year, is the development coming out that lead vocalist Chino Moreno has a new project with several members of the band Isis called Palms. The band members include Clifford Meyer, Aaron Harris & Jeff Caxide along with Moreno at this time.
Although at first it seems like an unusual partnership, the project has seemingly been going full steam for an extended period of time.
"Clifford, Jeff and I started Palms a little over a year ago out of a desire to continue making music together after ISIS ended,” Harris said in a statement. “Chino joined shortly after and our sound took shape from there. We’ve worked really hard on this first release and are excited for people to hear it. It’s nice to be back behind the drum kit, and with this line up."
"Being a huge ISIS fan I’ve always dug the moods these dudes convey with their sound,” added Moreno. "I am excited to combine my sense of creativity with theirs, and to have fun doing so.”
Palms' debut album is scheduled for release later in 2012 through Mike Patton's Ipecac Imprint while below are the tour dates that are scheduled for Moreno's usual band, the Deftones along with System Of A Down later this year.
- 8/2 Philadelphia, PA – Susquehanna Bank Center
- 8/4 Holmdel, NJ – PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/5 Wantagh, NY – Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
- 8/7 Washington, DC – Verizon Center Arena
- 8/9 Boston, MA – Comcast Center
- 8/11 Montreal, QC – Heavy Metal Festival Parterre @ Parc Jean Drapeau
- 8/12 Toronto, ON – Heavy Metal Festival Downsview Park
- 8/14 Detroit, MI – DTE Energy Amphitheater
- 8/15 Chicago, IL – Allstate Arena