Plastic Platform C30: Black Strobe
Our Plastic Platform series is nearly one year old, and to see out our final mix of the year is the Parisian troupe known as Black Strobe, who have created a party-tastic hour of tunes.
This is off the back of a recent solo release by Arnaud Rebotini (of Black Strobe) for Zone Records Pagan Dance Move EP - a stark analogue techno entity. February sees further Black Strobe material when 12" 'The Girl from the Bayou' drops on the 18th (download here) alongside a digital remix EP a week later.
"In this mix I've done something in the Zone Records spirit. It's a mix containing some of our EBM or New Wave influences, some Detroit tracks, our famous Electroclash sound and some more modern stuff. You could describe it as representative of the 'Dark Is Beautiful' French scene."
- Shadow Child & Hoax feat. TK Wonder: Bordertown / Appolo
- Elecktroids: Future Tone / Warp
- My Panda Shall Fly & Will Warp: Bruitish Princess /XVI music
- Jimmy edgar: Sex Drive (Jon Convex Remix) / Hot Flush
- Arnaud Rebotini: Thier Synthetic majesties resquest/ Zone
- Miss Kittin and The hacker: Walk on By / Gigolo
- Fad:Gadget: Love parasite / Mute
- Dj Naughty: Biong Bum Tschag / Gigolo
- Ectomorph:sliver/ Interdimentional
- Psyance:Motion/ +8
- Diva: Paris Stabbing/ New Kanada recordings
- Depeche mode: No Disco/ Mute
Last week we brought you the first edition in our new mix series Plastic Platform, which featured a killer mix curated by STRFKR. This weeks edition is from the wonderful Keep Shelly In Athens. Are you excited? Well you should be. You're about to go on a fifty minute adventure, which is sure to leave you in an orgasmic heap on the floor during its climax. Have a listen, and make sure you read their rather amazing mix description. [read more]
Welcome to a new mix series from The 405 called 'Plastic Platform'. We aim to bring you a new mix every Wednesday for the rest of the year, so mark it in your diaries folks. First up we have Keil Corcoran from STRFKR / Starfucker presenting us with a mix inspired by his first roommate. [read more]
Following Casiokids' Bergen inspired mix from last week was always going to be difficult, but the rather awesome Cristina Checa from Granit has stepped up to the challenge with this 45 minute chunk of brilliance. Granit might not be a familiar name to you right now, but if they continue to release brilliant EP's such as their recent self-titled one, then that's sure to change soon. [read more]