Plastic Platform C30: Black Strobe
Our Plastic Platform series is nearly one year old, and to see out our final mix of the year is the Parisian troupe known as Black Strobe, who have created a party-tastic hour of tunes.
This is off the back of a recent solo release by Arnaud Rebotini (of Black Strobe) for Zone Records Pagan Dance Move EP - a stark analogue techno entity. February sees further Black Strobe material when 12" 'The Girl from the Bayou' drops on the 18th (download here) alongside a digital remix EP a week later.
"In this mix I've done something in the Zone Records spirit. It's a mix containing some of our EBM or New Wave influences, some Detroit tracks, our famous Electroclash sound and some more modern stuff. You could describe it as representative of the 'Dark Is Beautiful' French scene."
- Shadow Child & Hoax feat. TK Wonder: Bordertown / Appolo
- Elecktroids: Future Tone / Warp
- My Panda Shall Fly & Will Warp: Bruitish Princess /XVI music
- Jimmy edgar: Sex Drive (Jon Convex Remix) / Hot Flush
- Arnaud Rebotini: Thier Synthetic majesties resquest/ Zone
- Miss Kittin and The hacker: Walk on By / Gigolo
- Fad:Gadget: Love parasite / Mute
- Dj Naughty: Biong Bum Tschag / Gigolo
- Ectomorph:sliver/ Interdimentional
- Psyance:Motion/ +8
- Diva: Paris Stabbing/ New Kanada recordings
- Depeche mode: No Disco/ Mute
When Keep Shelly In Athens aren't creating super rad mixes like the one they put together for us recently, they're covering classics such as 'Just Like Honey' by Jesus And Mary Chain. [read more]
Last week we brought you the first edition in our new mix series Plastic Platform, which featured a killer mix curated by STRFKR. This weeks edition is from the wonderful Keep Shelly In Athens. Are you excited? Well you should be. You're about to go on a fifty minute adventure, which is sure to leave you in an orgasmic heap on the floor during its climax. Have a listen, and make sure you read their rather amazing mix description. [read more]
The 'Plastic Platform' series continues this week with a bone crushing 53 minute mix from Faws. The one thing we know about Faws is that he's from Dublin. Actually, we know two things: he's from Dublin and he released a pretty wonderful EP late last year called Antonym, which we throughly recommend you check out. [read more]