Tim Hardin cover album announced (Features Smoke Fairies, Okkervil River and Mark Lanegan)
Tim Hardin, one of the most respected singer-songwriters, is being honoured with a new 13-track cover album. Hardin, who died in 1980, has been revered and covered over the years by the likes of Johnny Cash, Paul Weller, Scott Walker and Echo & The Bunnymen, and is now having his songs reinterpreted by a whole new slew of artists.
The new compilation titled Reasons To Believe - The Songs Of Tim Hardin features plenty of new and exciting bands and artists who have been infuenced by the troubadour's work including 405 favourite Diagrams, Okkervil River, Mark Lanegan and The Phoenix Foundation. As well as this beautiful recently surfaced cut from Smoke Fairies, 'If I Were A Carpenter'.
Reasons To Believe is released on the 28th of January via Full Time Hobby.
- 1. The Phoenix Foundation - Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
- 2. The Sand Band - Reason To Believe
- 3. Mark Lanegan - Red Balloon
- 4. Diagrams - Part Of The Wind
- 5. The Magnetic North - It's Hard To Believe In Love For Long
- 6. Alela Diane - How Can We Hang On To A Dream
- 7. Snorri Helgason - Misty Roses
- 8. Sarabeth Tucek - If I Knew
- 9. Okkervil River - It'll Never Happen Again
- 10. Smoke Fairies - If I Were A Carpenter
- 11. Gavin Clark - Shiloh Town
- 12. Hannah Peel - Lenny's Tune
- 13. Pinkunoizu - I Can't Slow Down