Whether it's a little bit of embellishment from the marketing side or filmgoers who have a little too much confidence in themselves when it comes to handling gore, every year there seems to be some story of someone passing out because a movie is just too much. Such is the case for French cannibal horror film Raw, in which several attendees at the Toronto International Film Festival saw and apparently fainted during.

"An ambulance had to be called to the scene as the film became too much for a couple patrons," said Raw marketing rep Ryan Werner, comparing the reaction to the 2009 Lars von Trier film Antichrist.

Director Julia Ducournau's first feature-length film centers around a 16-year-old training to become a veterinarian. While that plot-line seems a bit tame, the school in which she attends - for some bizarre reason - has intense hazing rituals. I'm not a young French woman nor training to be a veterinarian, so I cannot speak for those social situations, but it doesn't seem terribly normal.

Over the course of the film, the main character, a vegetarian, is forced to eat raw animal liver during her aforementioned hazing. This begins her slow descent into actual cannibalism, which seems like a bummer. Watch a scene from the film below.