No Fleetwood Mac nor Prince yet, but here's a confirmation for next year's Glastonbury: Mr. Lionel Say-You-Say-Me Richie has been booked to play next year's event (June 24th to 28th, 2015).

"I'm really excited to play Glastonbury next year as it's one of the most iconic festivals in the world," he said. "It has a phenomenal history and the alumni of artists who have previously played is incredible so I’m honoured to be joining that club. It will be a really special moment for me and I can't wait to share it with everyone. I can now say 'Yes, I'm playing Glastonbury.'"

The news was confirmed by festival organiser Emily Eavis who said Richie is "one of the great soul legends. He's got all the songs, some incredible songs, and I think he will get people on their feet. There will be a lot of love out there for Lionel."

The musician will be covering the Sunday afternoon slot, which over the years has been reserved for old-school superstars like Brian Wilson, Paul Simon and Dolly Parton. You could say, "he's easy like Sunday afternoon". Sorry.