Chicago fourpiece Light Pollution are on tour in support of their new self-titled debut EP, which can be downloaded here (www.lightpollutionmusic.com/music)Â Their full-length debut LP will follow in the new year.
Formed in a cold, quiet town on the outskirts of Chicago, Light Pollution is the product of singer/songwriter Jim Cicero. Jim, along with close friend Matt Evertt, started the band with one central theme in mind: progress. Never stagnant, and constantly expanding their musical horizons, Light Pollution's music is a kaleidoscope of sound, encompassing everything from backward tapes to dissonant piano rolls to even crunching leaves. Jim writes new material almost every day and the band continues to work and re-work many of the songs from their catalogue.In recent interviews their music has been compared to a, "more stripped-down Arcade Fire," Wilco, and Band of Horses.
Download 'Firewood'Â here
- Jul 30 2008 - Pianos - New York City, New York
- Jul Aug 1 2008 - Rachel Kohl Library - Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
- Aug 1 2008 - House Show w/ The Extraordinaires - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Aug 2 2008 - Union Hall w/ Happy Anarchy and Greenland - Brooklyn - New York, New York
- Aug 4 2008 - Garfield Artworks w/ The Extraordinaires - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Aug 5 2008 - The Gypsy Hut - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Aug 6 2008 - The House - Dekalb Rock City
- Aug 7 2008 - Stonefly Brewery w/ Sleep Tight Co. - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Aug 8 2008 - Bottom Lounge - Chicago, Illinois
- Aug 30 2008 - New Bohemian Music Festival w/Murder by Death, HEALTH - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Aug 31 2008 - Art In The Park 2008 - Freeport, Illinois