Todays news roundup includes Conor Oberst, Field Day, Cursive, Relentless, Abe Vigoda, !!! and Animal Collective.
- The 405
With one critically acclaimed record under their belt and a highly anticipated sophomore album Outer South (May 4th on Wichita) on its way, Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band are set to release "One of My Kind" on April 15th, a documentary that will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the band's journey over the past year and a half.
Unlike any film release before, Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band are donating the documentary, "One Of My Kind" for Free, in the hope that viewers will make a donation to one of the many nonprofits or causes on Causecast.
Field Day (1st of August @ Victoria Park) have announced that The Horrors, Little Boots, Santigold, Mystery Jets and Juana Molina will be added to the already stellar line-up.
For more information head over to www.fielddayfestivals.com
MP3:Santigold - Unstoppable
I think it's fair to say that Cursive are awesome, so you should definitely check them out when they come over here in May to support their new album, Mama, I'm Swollen.
- 12th LONDON Dingwalls
- 13th CARDIFF Clwb Ifor Bach
- 15th BRIGHTON - The Great Escape Festival
- 16th BIRMINGHAM Hare and Hounds
- 17th NORWICH Arts Centre
- 18th MANCHESTER Academy 3
- 20th NEWCASTLE Academy 2
- 21st LONDON - Stag and Dagger Festival
- 22nd LEEDS - Stag and Dagger Festival
- 23rd GLASGOW - Stag and Dagger Festival
- 24th NOTTINGHAM - Dot to Dot Festival
For more information head over to www.myspace.com/cursive
Following their sell-out UK tour in December, and with their 'Reviver EP' soon to hit, ABE VIGODA return to the UK next month for headline dates in London, Cardiff and Manchester along with performances at The Great Escape, Stag and Dagger and Dot To Dot festivals. For more information head over to www.myspace.com/abevigoda
- Tuesday 12 May - LONDON, Barden's Boudoir
- Wednesday 13 May - CARDIFF, Buffalo Bar
- Thursday 14 May - MANCHESTER, Deaf Institute
- Friday 15 May - BRIGHTON, The Great Escape (Uncut Stage)
- Thursday 21 May - LONDON, Stag and Dagger festival
- Friday 22 May - LEEDS, Stag and Dagger festival
- Saturday 23 May - BRISTOL, Dot to Dot festival
- Sunday 24 May - NOTTINGHAM, Dot to Dot festival
The awesome !!! (Chk Chk Chk) will be playing a gig at the Electric Ballroom on the 7th of July, so get your butts down there!
Shameless plugs aside, we were sent the latest Relentless Energy drink flavour (Berry) yesterday and it's great. The people at Relentless also sponsor gigs/sporting events and much more so check them out at www.relentlessenergy.com
ATP Concerts are very proud to present the biggest London show to date for the sensational Animal Collective. Years of hard work on their part have led to huge critical acclaim for their most recent LP Merriweather Post Pavilion, and their live shows have been gaining them similarly laudatory notices for a long time.
Two other London headline dates at Koko and The Forum both sold out well in advance and this date, at Brixton Academy on Thursday 20th August is expected to do the same. Support is to be confirmed
For more information head over to www.atpfestival.com