November is time for charity. Be it through moustache or Mencap.
Don't fancy the moustache? Mencap's Little Noise Sessions are a festival blues solution that you can feel good about. No sleeping in tents and no repulsive toilets (we hope.)
As the UK's leading disability charity, Mencap works with people with learning disabilities, and their families and carers. Since 2006, the Little Noise Sessions have been hosting big acts at intimate venues with the proceeds going to charity.
This year, the picturesque St John at Hackney Church hosts the six night musical feast curated by Mencap ambassador Jo Whiley. Catering for a broad range of tastes, Gary Barlow kicks off the first night on November 19th with special guests yet to be announced.
On the back of his Mercury Prize nomination, Sheffield troubadour Richard Hawley headlines on Wednesday November 21 with Swedish folk duo First Aid Kit and King Charles supporting.
The Maccabees take the limelight on November 23rd, playing their Mercury nominated album Given To The Wild in its entirety. Blues crooner Jamie N Commons provides support along with Jessie Ware.
Little Noise's penultimate night the 24th finds Noah & The Whale with a headline slot. Lucy Rose and Daughter will provide support.
Amy Macdonald headlines the final night, Karin Park and an as yet unannounced very special guest supporting. Judging from the previous years line up it's going to be something special.
- Entire line up:
- Monday 19th November: Gary Barlow with guests
- Tuesday 20th November: Olly Murs with support from Lawson and Loveable Rogues
- Wednesday 21st November: Richard Hawley with support from First Aid Kit and King Charles
- Friday 23rd November: The Maccabees with support from Jamie N Commons and Jessie Ware
- Saturday 24th November: Noah & the Whale with Villagers, special guest Lucy Rose and Daughter
- Sunday 25th November: Amy Macdonald with Karin Park and very special guests
Tickets are still available from here.